7.08.2013

Really???

*Let me preface this by saying I am not a scholar nor is it my intent to offend anyone. I just find the irony of this whole situation to be perplexing and yet somewhat comedic* 

A friend posted this and of course I had the need to respond. 

Just follow whatever your mosque is doing people. ‎#notthatdifficult

1400+ years of the Islamic Calendar and we still can't agree on moon sighting methodology? Anyone else curious why this only seems to be an issue at the beginning and end of Ramadan. You figure a day here a day there on an annual basis for 1400+ years (354 or 355 days every year) we should have multiple versions of what the Islamic date is today. Yet we seem to have one version with only one standing dispute when Ramadan starts and when Eid is celebrated every year. Otherwise... no one seems to bother... interesting... 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hehe...interesting indeed. I guess we like to engage in disputes about not so disputable things.