9.17.2013

Ms. America

I will get into more detailed thoughts but for now...

So this whole Miss America thing is obviously crazy but its amazing how many South Asians are all of a sudden bothered. Seems we are a lot more bothered because she is Indian...? I mean none of my Indian friends congratulated the last Ms. America and I think she was "American" too. The constant celebratory messages for her success are understandable but are we celebrating the fact that she is American or that she is South Asian...

1 comment:

casual blogger said...

I don't disagree that this the most noise we have heard out of the Indian population towards a Miss America pageant. However, the main difference here is that the noise is to deflect racial slurs and inform the uninformed opinions that have been shuttered her way because she is Indian.