4.15.2016

I have issues with Hillary Clinton and it is not because she is a woman...

Lots has been written throughout this primary season about people not liking Secretary of State Hillary Clinton just because she is a woman. I am sure there is some truth to the sentiment, but I think there is more to it then than. If Elizabeth Warren were running, I am not sure people would have the same reaction. Here are few things that give me pause about Mrs. Clinton:

1. Whitewater
2. Monica Lewinsky, Paula Jones…
3. Benghazi
4. Email Server
5. Her coziness with Wall Street
6. Her positions on Iraq
7. Her general stance on defense
8. Her position on Israel (especially in comparison to Bernie Sanders)
9. Her ability to “change” her mind on any position based on the current climate.

I am not saying any one of these things is a detractor, but taken as a whole it just makes me not trust her. Not because she is a woman, but because her past is littered with examples of her shifting positions.

In addition Mrs. Clinton, is a former first lady and in her first time running for President she lost to a no name Senator from Illinois, this time she is in a battle with a no name Senator from Vermont. She has ultimate name recognition but can’t defeat challenges from relative lightweights. That does not instill confidence in me for her to be the parties nominee.

I will support her in the general election because I still prefer her over Ted Cruz, Donald Trump etc… I consider myself a relatively liberal person and if I have so many things about Hillary Clinton that give me pause, what will independents think about her…

No comments: