9.07.2012

Another Rant

Been a while since I have ranted. Law School tends to keep me a little busy. I have lots to rant about this time around but I think I will stick to one thing that came to my attention this week. Representative Peter King of New York is holding hearings about the increase of radical Muslims in America. What amazes me is the lack of any uproar with this going on. Muslims in America are the new 2nd rate citizen... These hearings at their best reflect a McCarthyism that many thought we had left behind. Antecdotal evidence is being thrown around to link organizations like CAIR to terrorism. I am not saying they may not be linked but this is supposed to be a Congressional hearing you would think some concrete proof would be required,... but who are we kidding this is the Congress in 2011 proof is not their strong suit. Since antecdotal evidence seems to be foray of the day here are a few thoughts of my own. Just some facts 400 of the richest americans have more wealth than the bottom 50% of Americans. Americans spent twice what any other developed nation spends on health care and have the 37th ranked health care system according to the UN. I could go on but I would think even these two simple things require a little more attention than Mr. King's hearings...

No comments: